Re: [igraph] pagerank implementation questions

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] pagerank implementation questions
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:12:27 +0100

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 01:48:52PM +0100, Tamas Nepusz wrote:
[...]
> >I suspect it's done by iterations; if this is true, is
> >there any plan to actual solve the eigenvector of the
> >adjacency matrix in the future?
> Not yet (mostly because of lack of time), but patches are welcome :)

You can also use some other mathematical library like GSL (google for gsl)
to calculate it. We don't really want to include numerical routines
of this type in igraph, but you can try to push us to do so :), actually
porting eigenvector calculation from GSL to igraph wouldn't be too difficult
i guess.

Gabor