Re: [igraph] igraph python module in winxp?

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph python module in winxp?
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 16:12:51 +0200

I guess Tamas will create an installer for the new version as well.
Yes I will, although it will take some time until I get to my Windows
box where I appropriately set the paths and all that stuff.
setup.py tries to determine the path of libxml2 the following way:

1. It tries to execute xml2-config --version to make sure you have the
latest libxml2 installed. Make sure that xml2-config is in your path.
You might have to install the _development_ version of the libxml2
library in MinGW (if you have anything like that in MinGW)

2. It tries to call xml2-config --libs and xml2-config --cflags to
determine the appropriate compilation flags for libxml2. In case it
did not found xml2-config in step 1, it falls back to reasonable
defaults (see the LIBXML2_FALLBACK_ variables in setup.py). If you
know where libxml2 is installed in your MinGW box, you might try to

Hope this helped. If not, please let me know!