Re: [igraph] Labelling vertices with name while plotting graph

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Labelling vertices with name while plotting graph
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 00:03:29 +0200

Dear Sylvain,

I'm not very experienced in the R interface of igraph (I use Python),
but according to this page:

http://cneurocvs.rmki.kfki.hu/igraph/doc/R/plot.common.html

...vertex labels can be controlled by either the "label" attribute
attached to the vertices (and not "name" as written in the webpage you
mentioned - it might be a little bit out of date) or the vertex.label
argument of the R plot command. Hope it helps. (And I also hope Gabor
will correct me soon if I said something wrong).

--
T.

Hi,

Plotting question: while reproducing the small exemple given here:

    http://cneurocvs.rmki.kfki.hu/igraphbook/igraphbook-creating.html

The plotting did not label the vertices with their name, as in the figure
on the page, but with their id. How can I force or control the namming of
the vertices?

Thanks for your help,
Sylvain