Re: [igraph] Install error in R (Ubuntu)

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Install error in R (Ubuntu)
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 23:18:48 +0200

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 03:41:40PM -0400, Giuseppe Pagnoni wrote:
[...]
> My version of gcc is gcc-4.1. I also tried to unpack the R package
> igraph_0.4.2.tar.gz and configure it manually with:
>
>   ./configure

Giuseppe,

note that the correct 'manual' way to install an R package is

R CMD INSTALL <package_name_or_directory)

[...]
> /usr/bin/ld: crt1.o: No such file: No such file or directory
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
[...]

The solution for this i think is

apt-get install libc6-dev

as root.

Gabor

PS. it is ok if you're not on the list, but then please consider
that i need to acknowledge your message 'by hand' and that might take
days if i happen to be offline.

--
Csardi Gabor <address@hidden>    MTA RMKI, ELTE TTK