Re: [igraph] key players in networks

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] key players in networks
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:55:59 +0200

Simone,

hmmm, igraph has many functions for centrality, some simple ones like
degree and closeness and some more sophisticated like page rank and
Burt's constraints.

The new measures in the mentioned paper are not included yet.
I'll include them if the interest/work ratio is above my threshold,
thanks for the reference.

But be aware that these measures work for you only if you're
interested in exactly the same functional roles they were developed
for. Ie. if you're interested in the vertices you'll end up most of
the time by randomly walking on the network then page rank is better,
etc. (if my (mis)conceptions about page rank are right).

Gabor