Re: [igraph] Anybody run igraph on MS Visual Studio?

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Anybody run igraph on MS Visual Studio?
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:37:03 +0200

Jamaludin,

the first question you should ask yourself is whether you really
want to program in C. igraph has handy interfaces from R and Python,
using these is much more easy than trying to compile igraph in Visual
Studio and writing C programs in general.

For R all you need is downloading R from www.r-project.org and
installing it (it has a nice installer), starting it and typing
install.packages("igraph")

For Python you can download a compiled package from
http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/igraph
both for Python 2.4 and 2.5.

If you still want to program in C and in Visual Studio, then you can
find some tips at
http://code.google.com/p/igraph/wiki/CompilationIssues
but even with these it might not be a cakewalk.

Gabor