Re: [igraph] Ask some questions about community.c

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Ask some questions about community.c
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 14:15:32 +0200

Dear Zhongmin xiong,

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 10:01:37AM +0800, address@hidden wrote:
> Dear Gabor Csardi,
>
> I have some questions about the module community.c in the R source
> package version of the latest release--igraph_0.4.3.tar.gz.
>
> are the ids of the edges or the vectices,with which dealt  by the
> function "igraph_community_eb_get_merges" and the
> function "igraph_community_edge_betweenness",  number from zero? In
> other words,if the number of vectices in a graph is n,the ids of the
> vectices in this graph should be from zero to (n-1).

yes, that is correct, vertices and edges are numbered from zero.

> whether is it true that the vector "from" or "to" stores the vectices
> of an edge,of which ids are number from zero, in the graph
> structure "igraph_t"?

from[0] -> to[0]
from[1] -> to[1]

You mean this way?
That is currently true, but personally i wouldn't rely on it as
it might change in the future.

If you program in C, then use igraph_edge() function instead:
http://cneurocvs.rmki.kfki.hu/igraph/doc/html/ch06s02.html#igraph_edge
Or you can use IGRAPH_FROM and IGRAPH_TO, these are currently undocumented
though, they are defined in igraph.h.

> Also,are the eids of edges treated by the
> module "community.c" number from zero?

I guess yes, but which function/variable you mean specifically?

Gabor