Re: [igraph] C library compilation on Leopard

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] C library compilation on Leopard
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 22:39:38 +0100

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 10:25:42PM +0100, Lacón Grelos wrote:
> Dear Gabor.
> Thank you for your quick answer. I really appreciate your help.
> However, none of the tricks did work.
> The first one (disabling gmp) produced a earlier error:
> foreign.c:2698: fatal error: opening dependency file .deps/
> libigraph_la-foreign.Tpo: Permission denied
> compilation terminated.

You need to start compilation again. I.e. you need to do

make clean
./configure --without-gmp
make

and from the 'permission denied' message it seems that you
messed up other things as well, e.g. issued some command as
root (or via sudo) and now try to issue some commands as a
regular user. The best would be to start over completely, i.e.
remove the igraph-0.x directory, uncompress the .tar.gz again,
then ./configure --without-gmp, make.

If you want a simple solution and don't want to program in C,
the simplest is install GNU R (www.r-project.org) and then
igraph as an R package. It is much easier to use R than
writing C programs.

If you want to use igraph & Python then there is an installer
on the igraph homepage, for that you don't need to install
from source.

G.

> The second one yielded to the same error ("not allowed in slidable
> image")
> The other things your propose (either replace ld or gcc versions) are
> way out of my OSX knowledge.
> Anyway, thank you for your efforts.
> Any other (simple) idea?
> Best