Re: [igraph] How to use simplify function for multiple weighted edges?

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] How to use simplify function for multiple weighted edges?
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 08:46:28 +0100

This will always be successful for unweighted multiple edges since the only task is to delete all the parallel edges with only one edge left. However, it is a pity that those parallel edges are all with weights, so the weight of the remain edge must be set by the sum of all related weights before the edge deletion is triggered.
My question is, is there any easy way to solve my problem?

I think not, you'll have to calculate the edge weights manually by looping through all original edges and building up a weight matrix.

--
T.