[igraph] Edge betweenness

From: Sylvain Brohée
Subject: [igraph] Edge betweenness
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 17:00:41 +0200

Dear all,

Since a few months, I have developed a quite powerful tool in Perl doing
efficiently very simple graph analysis (node degree, graph
intersection, ...). This is called NeAT (http://rsat.scmbb.ulb.ac.be/neat/)
and is publicly available.

However, in some cases, I am very limited by Perl.

It is for example the case, when I want to compute the betweenness and the
closeness of the nodes in a graph as for this, I need to compute all geodesic
paths. So, I would like to create a small C executable based on the igraph
library that would be called by my Perl program.

Unfortunately, I am complete newbie in C / C++ and I do not know how to start
with.

Could you give some advices?

I want only to load a (directed weighted) graph, calculate the closeness and
the betweenness for each node and to display the output.

I would be very thankful if you could help me,

Sylvain (desperate biologist)