Re: [igraph] using algorithms on a graph

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] using algorithms on a graph
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:13:16 +0200

Daniel,

please answer to the list.

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 12:00:34PM +0100, Daniel Butts wrote:
> The code I have entered is the following:
>

> > local({pkg <- select.list(sort(.packages(all.available = TRUE)))
>
> + if(nchar(pkg)) library(pkg, character.only=TRUE)})

??? Is this relevant to your problem?

> > links <- read.csv("links.csv", head=FALSE)

What is in "links.csv?"?

> > m<-cbind(links[,1],links[,2])
>
> > g<- graph( t(m) )
>

> links <- read.csv("/tmp/a.csv", head=FALSE)
> links
      V1     V2
1    foo    bar
2    bar foobar
3 foobar    foo
> m<-cbind(links[,1],links[,2])
> graph( t(m) )
Vertices: 4
Edges: 3
Directed: TRUE
Edges:

[0] 2 -> 1
[1] 1 -> 3
[2] 3 -> 2

Works just fine for me. (But fastgreedy.community does
not work on this graph, it only works on
undirected graphs.)

Please send at least the error message, possibly
with a small example data file that reproduces the problem.
Please also send your R version, igraph version and
operating system version.

Otherwise we can't help you, i cannot even guess
without the error message.

G.

--
Csardi Gabor <address@hidden>    UNIL DGM