Re: [igraph] Is it possible to use igraph in Java?

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Is it possible to use igraph in Java?
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 20:58:16 +0200

Is it possible to use igraph from Java?
To cut the long story short: not yet, sorry.

_Theoretically_ it could be done, but there is no working Java interface yet. I came up with a proof-of-concept Java interface a while ago, it's in the dev tree, but it is _very_ far from being complete (even some most essential functions like addEdges are missing). I did it only because I wanted to learn how to use the Java Native Interface. To quote the README file of the Java interface I started:

"Since I don't use Java intensively, chances are that this interface gets finished only if there is substantial demand for it and/or someone takes the times to send patches or finish it completely."

We would need an enthusiastic volunteer who is either experienced in C and willing to maintain the Java interface, or willing to donate some money for us to finish the Java interface ;)