[igraph] Re: Suggestion for a new community detection function

From: Simone Caschili
Subject: [igraph] Re: Suggestion for a new community detection function
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 19:19:13 +0200

Dear Tamas,

Well you right, the approach they propose are different compared to
Newman et al. one. What looked similar to me is the starting point:
both algorithms assume that  each node is a sole community at the
first step. As far as I have understood, in a interactive way, both
algorithms join communities together choosing among those with higher
modularity value. What changes is how the calculate the modularity.

Well, probably I'm misunderstanding the meaning of the paper
arXiv:cond-mat/0408187v2, that is really technical for my knowledges!

Thank you to take into account my suggestion to implement that
algorithm in the near future!

Regards,
Simon

Quoting Tamas