[igraph] problems with counting motifs

From: Buzna Lubos
Subject: [igraph] problems with counting motifs
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 20:32:48 +0200

Dear igraph team,

Firstly thank you for the nice tool you are providing.

I tried to count motifs in the graph (gml file is attached) using following code:

g_austria = igraph.Graph.Read_GML("Austria.gml")

motifs = g_austria.motifs_randesu(3, None)

My network is undirected.

Number of V - shaped motifs I am getting from igraph is 117, however the correct number should be 129 (calculated using MAvisto tool).

Either you have different definition for motifs or there is a bug in igraph.

Please could you give me some explanations.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Lubos Buzna

ETH Zurich