[igraph] weighted pagerank?

From: Eytan Bakshy
Subject: [igraph] weighted pagerank?
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 19:18:30 -0400

Hello,

I am using igraph 0.51 in R and igraph 0.5 in python, and it doesn't seem that specifying edge weights has any effect in either implementation. I know that the igraph 0.5 release announcement mentions that Page Rank and the fast greedy algorithm supports edge weights, but is this just in the C library.

In python, I tried creating several graphs where edges have the attribute 'weight', which were floats. I am trying to compute the weighted pagerank by saying:
        prw = g.pagerank(weights='weight')

and if i do:
        pr = g.pagerank()
the following statement yields True:
        prw == pr

on several graphs using edge weights that were distributed uniformly at random between (0,1), and then again between (1,1000)

I am pretty new to R, but it appears that the same thing holds using page.rank(g, weights=runif(length(E(g)),1,10000))

Thanks,
Eytan