Re: [igraph] Igraph python install problem

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Igraph python install problem
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 12:58:55 +0100

I run code on a number of nodes that we have on our farm and unfortunately I don't have permission to create symbolic links (or anything else) in their usr/lib directories.

If you think it would work I could try and get permissions to give it a test.
The only reason why I'm asking that is that it seems that Python is not able to load the C core of the library for some strange reason, and I'm almost sure that it should be looking for that in /lib, /usr/ lib and /usr/local/lib.

Another thing that you could try is to preload the igraph C library explicitly:

LD_PRELOAD=/home/your-username/igraph/lib/libigraph.so python
>>> import igraph

Please let me know whether it worked for you or not.