Re: [igraph] How to read a graph data with non numeric vertex ID

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] How to read a graph data with non numeric vertex ID
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 15:56:26 +0100

Thank you so much. I see the problem...my file is a txt file.
The extension doesn't matter, igraph is happy with whatever extension you use as long as you specify the format as a keyword argument (see my example). The NCOL format is a plain simple format, every line consists of two or three items:

vertexname1 vertexname2

or

vertexname1 vertexname2 weight

Your input file is exactly in that format, that's why I think that the NCOL reader should work out of the box.