Re: [igraph] igraph plot problem with python

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph plot problem with python
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 14:56:00 +0100

Hi Simone,

I have installed cairo via fink, then i have downloaded a compatible version of pycairo (1.0.2)...

here my results:
[...]
package init file 'cairo/__init__.py' not found (or not a regular file)
Funny, my pycairo distribution has the above file, it looks like this:

from _cairo import *

My Cairo version installed from fink is 1.4.10-1021 and I use pycairo 1.4.0 for that -- and it works. So there must be a newer version of Cairo in fink:

http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/cairo

However, it's in the "unstable" fink distribution (I see no reason why), so switch your fink to use the "unstable" source repository instead of the stable one. It is explained in the fink FAQ:
http://www.finkproject.org/faq/usage-fink.php?phpLang=en#unstable