Re: [igraph] Is it possible to generate hierarchical networks using igra

From: Amit Kumar
Subject: Re: [igraph] Is it possible to generate hierarchical networks using igraph in R
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 23:34:14 +0100

Hello,
I wish to generate a hierarchical network.For this I am thinking of a generalization of a star. Say you have a star : 1 center with 5 neighbours (the leaves at this stage) only connected to it. From this 5 neighbours you draw again 5 neighbours to each (which are the leaves now; the leaves of the previous steps become internal nodes) and so on...It looks like a tree but has no root. You can also change the number of neighbours at each stage or put a degree distribution when you decide to expand from the leaves. I wish to generate such network with 100 nodes.
I will appreciate your help!

Best
Amit