[igraph] Problem installing python-igraph on Mac OS X / iBook G4

From: Benjamin Leblanc
Subject: [igraph] Problem installing python-igraph on Mac OS X / iBook G4
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:14:48 +0200

Hi,

I am coming back to ask for help concerning installation of python-igraph on my
iBook G4 with Mac OS X. I did compile and install the igraph C library and it
worked perfectly. Now to get python binding I have retried the easy_install
procedure but it gives me an error message indicating a cpu architecture
mismatch (below is the copy of a console output).

Would you know a way to overtake this error?
Thanks!

Benjamin

----

new-host:~/Desktop/igraph-0.5.1 benjamin$ sudo easy_install python-igraph
Searching for python-igraph
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/python-igraph/
Best match: python-igraph 0.5.1
Downloading
http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/python-igraph/python-igraph-0.5.1.tar.gz#md5=9cc4364d656db67add07dd474c8b0f11
Processing python-igraph-0.5.1.tar.gz
Running python-igraph-0.5.1/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir
/tmp/easy_install-aq91Ju/python-igraph-0.5.1/egg-dist-tmp-tJ7wPr
Include path: /usr/local/include/igraph
Library path: /usr/local/lib
warning: no files found matching 'debian/changelog'
warning: no files found matching 'debian/control'
warning: no files found matching 'debian/prepare'
/usr/bin/ld: for architecture i386
/usr/bin/ld: warning
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/local/lib/libigraph.dylib cputype (18,
architecture ppc) does not match cputype (7) for specified -arch flag: i386
(file not loaded)
error: Setup script exited with error: SandboxViolation:
open('/usr/lib/libigraph.dylib', 'wb') {}

The package setup script has attempted to modify files on your system
that are not within the EasyInstall build area, and has been aborted.

This package cannot be safely installed by EasyInstall, and may not
support alternate installation locations even if you run its setup
script by hand.  Please inform the package's author and the EasyInstall
maintainers to find out if a fix or workaround is available.