Re: [igraph] Problem installing python-igraph on Mac OS X / iBook G4

From: Benjamin Leblanc
Subject: Re: [igraph] Problem installing python-igraph on Mac OS X / iBook G4
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 09:09:41 +0200

Hello,

Thanks for your advices, I have managed to manually build and install the python-igraph package, and now it works fine. I have still a naive question before I start experimenting with igraph in my scripts: I don't see as many functions in the python binding than in the R binding APIs. For example, I didn't find kamada-kawai layout method in python. Am I just lost or are there differences in the list of available features between the R and python APIs?
Regards,

Benjamin

----
Chromatin and Cell Biology Lab
Institute for Human Genetics
141, rue de la Cardonille
F-34396 Montpellier
France

Phone  +33-(0)4 99 61 99 70
FAX    +33-(0)4 99 61 99 01

Tamas Nepusz a écrit :
Hi Benjamin,

I am coming back to ask for help concerning installation of python-igraph on my iBook G4 with Mac OS X. I did compile and install the igraph C library and it worked perfectly. Now to get python binding I have retried the easy_install procedure but it gives me an error message indicating a cpu architecture mismatch (below is the copy of a console output).
Are you sure you do not have any leftover i386 igraph libraries on your iBook? The reason why I'm asking is:

1. seemingly the compiler or the linker opts for the i386 architecture
2. according to the following snippets of the console log you sent, there's an igraph .dylib in /usr/local/lib/ and there's another one in /usr/lib:

/usr/bin/ld: warning /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/local/lib/libigraph.dylib cputype (18, architecture ppc) does not match cputype (7) for specified -arch flag: i386 (file not loaded) error: Setup script exited with error: SandboxViolation: open('/usr/lib/libigraph.dylib', 'wb') {}
This is how you can check the architecture of these files from the command line:

address@hidden:/usr/lib$ file libigraph.dylib
libigraph.dylib: Mach-O dynamically linked shared library i386

It should read ppc in your case.