[igraph] centralization again

From: Simone Gabbriellini
Subject: [igraph] centralization again
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 23:30:54 +0100

Dear Gabor,

sorry to trouble you again with a centralization problem, but I am
experiencing a trouble with my graph.
I follow your past suggestions and this is my code:

centralization<-(sum(max(degree(g))-degree(g))) / (vcount(g)-1) / (vcount(g)-2)

this is the adiacency matrix of my graph:

   a b c d
a 0 1 1 1
b 1 0 0 0
c 1 0 0 0
d 1 0 0 0

and this is a brief summary

> summary(WOW)
Vertices: 4
Edges: 6
Directed: TRUE
No graph attributes.
Vertex attributes: id.
Edge attributes: weight, color.

the surprise is that the result of centralization is 2... which is
pretty unusual for centralization...
I have others networks, and for them the code always runs ok, but with
this particular network, it seems not to work properly...

any help, as usual, is more than welcome

cheers,
Simone