[igraph] Python igraph Documentation and Examples

From: Lorenzo Isella
Subject: [igraph] Python igraph Documentation and Examples
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 22:37:38 +0100

Dear All,
I have used the Python interface to igraph for some months for quite
trivial tasks.
Now I need to deal with a bit more complicated tasks and I would like
to see some examples/tutorials specifically geared towards Python.
For instance, this is what I would like to do
(1) Generate a graph with a given distribution of degrees P(k)
(2) See what happens if for instance I disconnect certain components of a graph
(3) Calculate the minimum distance between some edges

Is there any place online where I can find them? In a sense, I am
looking for a Python igraph cookbook.
Last question: it seems to be that the documentation for the R igraph
package is more substantial (and also has more examples) than the one
for the python binding. Is there a reason for this?
Many thanks

Lorenzo