[igraph] Alpha centrality with valued graphs

From: Brandon J Kinne
Subject: [igraph] Alpha centrality with valued graphs
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:39:49 -0500

Dear all:

Bonacich's 2001 paper mentions that alpha centrality can be calculated not only on directed, but also valued graphs. However, I can't seem to get igraph to consider edge weights when using alpha.centrality. Am I missing something here, or does igraph simply not allow valued graphs with alpha.centrality? I know there is other software, such as UciNet, that does calculate alpha centrality for valued graphs, but I'd much prefer to stay within the R environment. Thanks in advance for the help!

Best regards,

Brandon Kinne