[igraph] Re: Loading from a string or file IO object in Python

From: Chris Wj
Subject: [igraph] Re: Loading from a string or file IO object in Python
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 19:37:46 -0500

After reading through the igraph source I found that this was not supported (as far as I could tell). I whipped up a python extension module example that shows how we can distinguish between a string and file object and act accordingly. I attached the example to this e-mail. Although, it does not work for StringIO/cStringIO yet, so hopefully we can work on that. I'll probably add some of these changes to my local branch along with a method that takes in the file contents (GraphML first) straight through a string already loaded in memory.

-Chris