Re: [igraph] Graphml support disabled

From: Domingo Vargas
Subject: Re: [igraph] Graphml support disabled
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 08:50:01 +1930

Dear Tamas

Thanks for your help.

It works!!!

-dv

btw: Sorry I forgot to thanks you about your extraordinary effort supporting igraph and the igraph community.

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Tamas Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Domingo,

Right now I am implementing a text to graphml program, but when I try to read the output file into R, I got the following message:

a <- read.graph("/home/dvar/Developments/test.graphml", format="graphml")
Error in read.graph.graphml(file, ...) :
 At foreign-graphml.c:1007 : GraphML support is disabled, Unimplemented function call
Did you compile the R package by yourself? GraphML reading is implemented by an external library called libxml2, and I guess that was not present at the time when you compiled the R package. If you haven't installed that so far, you have to install it and then recompile and reinstall the R extension. You have to do the following to install the development version of libxml2:

sudo apt-get install libxml2-dev