Re: [igraph] igraph 0.5.x visual studio 2005 'fixes'

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph 0.5.x visual studio 2005 'fixes'
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:52:42 +0000

In my previous mail I didn't described all changes though, so here is the full list:
I leave changes (1)-(3) to Gabor as he was the one who created the VC project file.

(4) inline issue
Proposed by Tamas:
Add this line:
#define inline __inline

at the top of heap.c
I think we should make it more sophisticated somehow, like:

#ifdef _MSC_VER
#define inline __inline
#endif

(not sure if _MSC_VER is the right way to identify MSVC++, though).

Gabor, maybe it's time for a separate platform.h header to put all our platform and/or compiler specific hacks to?

The reason why VC++ complains about them:
"The inline keyword is available only in C++.
The thing is that VC++ is wrong; inline is indeed part of the C99 standard (section 6.7.4, according to Wikipedia).