Re: [igraph] building from bazaar

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] building from bazaar
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 19:20:25 +0100

Jose,

that is not good, because that directory contains not only the R
package, but a lot of other things. It is best to build the R package
on Linux, it will be a source package anyway, so you can just copy it
to windows and then build a binary package from it.

You need some tools for this, R, GNU make, autoconf, automake and
libtool for sure and maybe more. This is how to do it, from the top
directory:

./bootstrap.sh
./configure
./bootstrap.sh
make
cd interfaces/R
make
R CMD build igraph

Then you copy it to windows, install R and Rtools, the libxml2 and the
libzlib library and build a binary package from it, after it has been
extracted into a directory:

R CMD build --binary igraph

You will need to set the LIB_XML and the LIB_ZLIB environment
variables to point to the place where libxml2 and libzlib are
installed.

Or, another option to build a windows package is to use the build
service at http://win-builder.r-project.org/ (currently down), but in
this case please make sure that you replace my email address in the
Maintainer field of the DESCRIPTION file with yours, otherwise I will
get the package and not you.

Best,
Gabor