Re: [igraph] eigenvector cumulative distribution

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] eigenvector cumulative distribution
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 13:27:43 +0100

Simone,

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 1:16 PM, simone gabbriellini
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I see that it is always advisable to use cumulative log-log plot, like the
> one on the igraph screenshot page

I think this is not _always_ the case. If you have a power-law or
exponential distribution, then the cumulative distribution is a
power-law/exponential, too; and the cumulative distribution has less
fluctuations usually.

> (http://igraph.sourceforge.net/screenshots2.html#8), when investigating for
> power law distributions...
>
> I was wondering how to build a cumulative distribution of eigenvalues.
>
> using for example:
>
> eigen<-evcent(g, scale=TRUE, weights = E(g)$weights)
> eigenvector<-eigen$vector
> dd<-as.numeric(table(eigenvector))
> dd<-dd/sum(dd)
>
> I have a non cumulative distribution. How to make it cumulative?

rev(cumsum(rev(dd)))

Gabor