Re: [igraph] Plotting a signed and directed graph

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Plotting a signed and directed graph
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:54:31 +0200

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Tom Backer Johnsen <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> As to documentation of the Pajek format, there are at least two examples of
> valued and directed graphs in the book "Exploratory Social Network Analysis
> with Pajek" by de Nooy, Mrvar, and Batagelj, Cambridge University Press.
>  You will find the examples on pages 8 (valued) and 93 (valued and signed)
> in that book.  Instead of representing the graph as a matrix as I did, the
> command is *Arcs, followed by a list of the arcs, consisting of a sender (by
> number from the first part of the file) the receiver (again by number) and
> then the value.  The values are all positive on the one on page 8, and
> signed on page 93.

Yes, this format we support. (I believe.) I just haven't seen the
signed matrix format so far.

Have you already seen the signed matrix format somewhere else or it
was created by Pajek?

Btw., yes I know that there are several examples for Pajek file
formats, but this is not how you should _define_ a format. It would be
much easier with a formal definition.

Thanks,
Gabor

[...]