Re: [igraph] Dependency Problem

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Dependency Problem
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 11:20:05 +0100

> $ sudo apt-get build-dep python-igraph
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Build-Depends dependency for python-igraph cannot be satisfied
> because no available versions of package libigraph-dev can satisfy
> version requirements
>
> Is it simply a temporary problem?
Hmm, have you compiled and installed libigraph-dev 0.5.2 first?
The thing is, we only provide binary packages for i386 at the moment, and
this applies to libigraph-dev as well -- there is no binary package
for libigraph-dev on amd64. Since python-igraph 0.5.2 build-depends on
libigraph-dev 0.5.2, you will have to get libigraph-dev 0.5.2 for amd64
first by building it from source. This is probably done by:

$ sudo apt-get build-dep igraph
$ sudo apt-get source igraph

This should download the source code of the C package and the
dependencies required to build the C core. Then you can cd to the
downloaded source directory and start compiling:

$ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

This should give you libigraph_0.5.2_amd64.deb and
libigraph-dev_0.5.2_amd64.deb one level higher in the directory tree.
Install them by:

$ dpkg -i libigraph*.deb

Then you can proceed with compiling python-igraph from source.

Hope this helps.