Re: [igraph] Re: problem with igraph on cygwin

From: Chris Wj
Subject: Re: [igraph] Re: problem with igraph on cygwin
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 10:20:30 -0400

Although I compiled igraph correctly along with the python extension on cygwin on Vista, I still had some issues with cygwin itself that made it somewhat unreliable. For example there is an issue with dll addressing that you have to run a script every now and then (I don't know what causes it) to 'rebase'. Also, upon compilation and use with a windows install of python, it just hung. The best bet is to work to identify a process to compile the latest version natively on Windows and eliminate the need to use cygwin. A cross platform build tool may be in order as autotools seems to be only an option with the use of MinGW and Cygwin. If those tools were solid and not a PITA to configure correctly, then this would be ok, but such is not the case.