Re: [igraph] Igraph with JNI

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Igraph with JNI
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 08:33:37 +0200

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Gang Su<address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> Does anyone have worked on this before? From the tutorial, i found the way
> to compile c source:
>
> "Quote"
> gcc igraph_test.c -I/usr/local/igraph -L/usr/local/lib -ligraph -o
> igraph_test
>
> where the The directory after the -I switch is the one containing the
> igraph.h file, while the one following -L should contain the library file
> itself, usually a file called libigraph.so, libigraph.a or igraph.dll
> "Quote"
>
> Where actually I can find this igraph.dll in the igraph R package.
> So my question is if I compile a c file using igraph librarys, and it can be
> compiled successfully, will it be able to run standalone? Or I have to at
> least let the dll point to all the igraph dlls?

DLL is a windows-only thing, so you can only find it in the windows
binary R package. It is in igraph/libs. But actually this file is
useless for you, because it links to R, and you probably don't want to
include R in your project as well.

What you need to do is to download the source of the igraph C library
(that is, not the R package!), and compile it on windows. You can use
the mingw compiler, or cygwin, they both should work, maybe not
completely out of the box. Visual Studio works as well, but for that
you should download
http://cneurocvs.rmki.kfki.hu/igraph/download/igraph-0.5.2-msvc.zip

Best,
G.