Re: [igraph] plot.igraph()

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] plot.igraph()
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 09:35:04 +0100

How can I get the y-axis in a graph with vertices depends on time? I have a data frame with two columns: publications and there references. And I need a third column with the year of publications. How can I use this time-information to get a graph, whose vertices are
not randomly placed on a square.
You can supply an arbitrary matrix to the plot.igraph function in the layout parameter. The matrix must have two columns and N rows if you have N vertices, each row describing a 2D coordinate. You can use the years directly in the second column.