Re: [igraph] Generation of Random Graphs According to Some Rules

From: Bernie Hogan
Subject: Re: [igraph] Generation of Random Graphs According to Some Rules
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 22:50:13 +0000

Dear Lorenzo,

I recommend sending this request to the socnet mailing list.
http://www.insna.org/pubs/socnet.html

Social network analysts have been doing random graph generation
according to a variety of rules for a long time. You will find some
help in the statnet package for R.

Betweenness, being a global measure, would seem to me to be the least
likely to be available in a random method, and it is not something
I've seen. I'm almost certain I've seen methods that give prescribed
clustering coefficients. But I do not do this sort of thing myself, so
I can't give a great answer.

Take care,
BERNiE

Bernie Hogan
Research Fellow, Oxford Internet Institute
University of Oxford

These graphs are the basis of ERGm modelling, which is a popular but
computationally expensive tool used in the social sciences.