[igraph] Igraph different performances

From: Marlos C. Machado
Subject: [igraph] Igraph different performances
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 22:43:10 -0200

Good Evening,

I'm working with igraph-library and I have a weird situation. I need to calculate the following metrics for very large graphs:

1-igraph_average_path_length
2-igraph_diameter
3-igraph_transitivity_undirected
4-igraph_betweenness (average, so I do this all vertices)
5-igraph_closeness (average, so I do this all vertices)
6-igraph_density
7-igraph_clusters
8-igraph_maxdegree

My problem is that it is taking too long for finishing. I'm running it in three different machines (M1 ... M3) and it is very slow on M1 and M3, but much faster at M2.

M1: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6320  @ 1.86GHz 2GB RAM
M2: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6320  @ 1.86GHz 2GB RAM
M3: 3x Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz 3GB RAM

Did igraph suffer any change on the past months?  I think this faster machine has an older version of igraph.

Thanks in advance.

--
Marlos Cholodovskis Machado <marlos at dcc.ufmg.br>
Undergraduate student in Computer Science