[igraph] Re: random generator graph in C

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: [igraph] Re: random generator graph in C
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 11:25:24 +0100

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 1:08 AM, wassim gmail <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi, i want to know if it is possible to generate a random graph with n
> vertex, n-1 edges and direct.

Hi, probably you can create a directed tree and then rewire it.
Whether this would result uniform sampling is another question.

> Can we also specify to igraph that we want a connected graph ?

The better version (VL) of the degree_sequence generator does this,
but it also keeps the vertex degrees fixed, so it is probably not what
you want.

> Another thing: given a random graph generated, can we have the correspond
> mapped tree graph ?

What is the mapped tree graph of a random graph?

> Thank you for your help ?

No problem?