Re: [igraph] Attributes in use

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Attributes in use
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:43:20 +0000

Hi,

> I am using the (experimental) C-based attribute handler, and I would like to
> check whether a given attribute label is already in use. [...] in iGraph's
> source I found igraph_i_cattribute_has_attr() and that seems to do exactly
> what I'd like.  Unfortunately, it does not seem to be exposed for my use.
> Can you explain the rationale for that?
Hmmm... Gabor? I don't have any objections against exposing that function.

> Is there an easy way to gain access to it?
Create a custom header file called igraph_extras.h and add the following to it:

#ifndef IGRAPH_EXTRAS_H
#define IGRAPH_EXTRAS_H

#include <igraph/igraph.h>

igraph_bool_t igraph_i_cattribute_has_attr(const igraph_t *graph,
igraph_attribute_elemtype_t type, const char* name);

#endif

After that, include igraph_extras.h wherever you need
igraph_i_cattribute_has_attr. I think that should do the trick.