[igraph] Compile igraph c code on ubuntu with the -static switch?

From: Gang Su
Subject: [igraph] Compile igraph c code on ubuntu with the -static switch?
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 15:13:15 -0500

Hi developers,

I am new to Ubuntu.. right now I am trying to compile the example file here:
http://igraph.sourceforge.net/doc/html/ch03s01.html

However, the compiled binary will require igraph lib installed to run. I was trying with the -static switch to make the executable run independent of igraph library, but got tons of errors. What is the correct way of building library independent
executables?

Thanks

Gang