[igraph] memory igraph

From: Raghavendra Singh
Subject: [igraph] memory igraph
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 04:26:43 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I am using the C package for igraph-0.5.3
I want to create a large random graph, using erdos_renyi_game GNP:

N ~ 262144
P ~ 0.5

I am getting a memory error in vector.pmt

I have a 64 GB machine, and I dont think I can add to the memory any more. Can
I reduce the number of bytes used by an edge and a vertex?

In any case I would like to generate a graph that is a group of erdos-renyi
graphs, with the groups connected randomly. There would be of the order
of 1000 nodes in each group and 256 groups.
I was trying to create an adjacency matrix, and then use it to create a graph.
But that seems wasteful, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Raghav