Re: [igraph] Community detection using leadng eigen vector for weigthed

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Community detection using leadng eigen vector for weigthed undirected graphs
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:47:02 +0000

> I am trying to use igraph to find community structure among a set of nodes.
> For this purpose I build a graph from the Adjaceny matrix and then call the
> community_leading_eigenvector method.
Note that the present implementation of the leading eigenvector method
does not support edge weights (it considers all weights being equal), so
you might be better of with a different community detection method that
can handle weights. E.g., Graph.community_fastgreedy() or
Graph.community_walktrap() supports weights if you specify the
weights=... keyword argument.