Re: [igraph] question about node attribute

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] question about node attribute
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 09:13:26 +0100

Dear Weijia,

> How to save the info of attributes? how to access the attributes? how to
> change them?  Can I manipulate the node by node's attribute?
See the following webpage for more information about setting/retrieving
Attributes are handled by the GraphML and GML formats at the moment; if you
have only string and numeric attributes, you can safely use these two formats
to save your graphs. If your attributes contain any other Python objects (e.g.,
user-defined classes), you may pickle the graph using Python's pickle module
and read it back later.

This section might also be useful, it describes how to select a set of vertices
or edges based on attributes: