Re: [igraph] igraph BFS

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph BFS
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 12:15:15 +0100

Hi Ashwin,

> * the void *extra can be used to pass additional argument into the  callback
> function. What if I need to pass more than one argument? In my case, I need
> to pass two igraph_vectors.
Wrap those two vectors in a struct and pass the pointer of that struct
to your function. E.g.:

typedef struct {
  igraph_vector_t* first;
  igraph_vector_t* second;
} vector_pair;

[...]
vector_pair pair;

pair.first = my_first_vector;
pair.second = my_second_vector;
igraph_bfs([...], &pair);

> * From the DFS output, i see that the nodes are processed in-order. Is there
> any way to change this to a pre-order traversal? One way I can do this is,
> use the out_callback function? This would guarantee that the children are
> processed before the parent. (tested this to be true)
Yes, I think out_callback can be used for that. (I'm not 100% sure,
however, it was Gabor who implemented igraph_dfs, so he might know the
internal details better than me).