Re: [igraph] Plotting an ancestral graph

From: Alexander Savi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Plotting an ancestral graph
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 23:36:37 +0200

Thank you Tamas. Strangely enough this doesn't seem to work for me, as you can see below:

> E(g3)
Edge sequence:

[0] 1 -> 2
[1] 2 -> 1
[2] 2 -> 5
[3] 3 -> 4
[4] 4 -> 3
[5] 4 -> 5

> get.edge(g3, 2)
[1] 1 4

If I understand you well, get.edge(g3, 2) should produce [1] 2 5. However somehow it produces something else which I cannot make sense of.

Alexander

Alexander Savi | address@hidden | +31 (0)6 55 77 37 37

On 17 June 2010 22:39, Tamas Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Given the information below, is it possible to single out the number in front of the arrow and the number behind the arrow?
I've found this, but I'm not sure if this is the only way or there's a better way than that:

> get.edge(g3, 0)
[1] 1 2
> get.edge(g3, 1)
[1] 1 4
...and so on. get.edge(g3, edge_index)[1] gives you the source, get.edge(g3, edge_index)[2] gives you the target. Note that igraph indexes edges and vertices from zero, not one; also note that this will change some time in the future to become compatible with the rest of R. You can start watching this bug report in Launchpad if you are interested in when it will change (definitely not before igraph 0.6):

https://bugs.launchpad.net/igraph/+bug/595092