[igraph] Problem installing igraph via R on FreeBSD 7.3.

From: jim smith
Subject: [igraph] Problem installing igraph via R on FreeBSD 7.3.
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 21:59:48 -0500

Hi,

I am installing igraph via R on FreeBSD 7.3.  It fails with the
following error:

** testing if installed package can be loaded
Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'igraph', details:
  call: dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...)
  error: unable to load shared library
'/usr/local/lib/R/library/igraph/libs/igraph.so': /usr/lib/libstdc+
+.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.11 required
by /usr/local/lib/R/library/igraph/libs/igraph.so not found ERROR:

As I watch the build, igraph is apparently building with gcc44.

Now, I know that there is a separate port for igraph that builds just
fine on FreeBSD, but if I go that route, R is not aware of igraph.
I only need igraph at this time for support of specific software
packages in R [specifically DoE].

I'm also contacting the maintainer of the DoE package for guidance.

Any help?  Thanks.

--
jim smith <address@hidden>