[igraph] getting the graph of the maximum component

From: Martin Tomko
Subject: [igraph] getting the graph of the maximum component
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 15:20:02 +0200

Hi All,
I have a graph that consists of many disconnected components (subgraphs, or clusters...).
I am interested in working with the maximum one.
I figured the following approach to identify it in the csize frame of the clusters function :

c<-clusters(g)
which.max(c$csize)

I would like to get it as a graph object. trying the following failed:
gg<-c[which.max(c$csize)]

seems like decompose.graph could help, but I am wondering what's the easiest way to identify and get the largest component from this output.

The documentation claims that the result of decompose.graph(g) is a list of graph objects, but this fails:

f<-decompose.graph(g)
ff<-f[1]
length(V(ff)) claiming that ff is not a graph object (typeof shows that it is a list of graph objects).

Thanks
Martin