Re: [igraph] Create graphs with specified modularity score

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Create graphs with specified modularity score
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 22:01:54 +0200

Hi Diederik,

it would be quite nice to have a method that could sample uniformly
from networks with given modularity. I think nobody found such a
method so far, and personally I doubt that they would find one soon.

Btw. don't forget that modularity is not the property of the network,
but of a given partition of a network. So if you want to generate
networks with given maximum modularity, that might be very difficult,
even just maximizing modularity is computationally difficult.

But maybe I am wrong.

Best,
Gabor