Re: [igraph] install igraph in windows 7 64bit

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] install igraph in windows 7 64bit
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 10:18:39 +0100

Dear Adrian,

> If I start the installer for igraph under windows 7 64-bit with python
> 2.6 64-bit installed, the installer for igraph does complain no python
> installation is found in registry. How can I use igraph in a 64bit
> Windows-Python envirnoment?
Unfortunately we cannot provide 64-bit Python installers for Windows at
the moment as I only have a 32-bit Windows XP installed in a virtual
machine. If you want to install igraph on a 64-bit Windows machine, you
have to compile it yourself. You will need the following tools to do
that:

- Microsoft Visual Studio Express
- A working MSYS environment (http://www.mingw.org/wiki/MSYS)
- libxml2 and iconv (you have to compile these yourself as well, AFAIK
  there are no pre-compiled 64-bit binaries for Windows yet)

I'll be happy to help with the compilation if you get stuck, so just
mail me in private if you are willing to give it a go.