[igraph] Re: community.to.membership

From: Susan Biancani
Subject: [igraph] Re: community.to.membership
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 00:17:13 -0800

I realized: I have isolates in my graph.  I assume this is the cause of the trouble, but am open to other advice/thoughts as well.

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 9:54 PM, Susan Biancani <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
I'd like to identify two communities in my graph, using the edge.betweenness.community algorithm.  But when I try to run community.to.membership, I'm getting an error I don't understand.

eb <- edge.betweenness.community(G)
pos.comm <- community.to.membership(G, eb$merges, steps=(length(V(G)))-2)

> pos.comm <- community.to.membership(G, eb$merges, steps=(length(V(G)))-2)
Error in community.to.membership(G, eb$merges, steps = (length(V(G))) -  :
  At community.c:465 : `steps' to big or `merges' matrix too short, Invalid value

My graph has 500 nodes, and eb$merges has length of 808. I chose steps=length(V(G))-2 in order to end up with two clusters in the end.  When I try this on a smaller subset of this graph, containing 50 nodes, and a merge matrix of length 98, this code works.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!  Thanks,
Susan