Re: [igraph] Building a graph from a picture

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Building a graph from a picture
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 20:31:41 +0000

> ps- I will try the R sig spatial list, but I though igraph was used to carry
> out network analysis and draw graphs of networks.
Yes, that's right, but the part that you're having problems with is more
related to GIS files than to network analysis. For instance, I hardly know
anything about GIS files. igraph can work with any types of networks, but you
have to supply it the list of nodes and the list of edges between those nodes,
and your problem seems to be about how to generate the list of nodes and the
list of edges from a GIS file. Once you have solved that, it's only a matter of
calling the graph() function of igraph with the list of edges.